GPS Tracking Accuracy For Slower Vehicles
Optimizing GPS Tracking for Slower Vehicles
Are you experiencing challenges with GPS tracking for your boat or slower-moving vehicle? We understand that slower speeds can sometimes lead to less accurate tracking. This article is here to guide you through the intricacies of our filtering feature and offer solutions tailored to your needs.
Challenges with GPS Tracking for Slower Vehicles
GPS signals are sensitive to small errors in locations and speed, often resulting in a few meters of difference. While our devices utilize a filtering feature to address these changes, it is primarily optimized for vehicles with speeds exceeding 10 km/h. Slower vehicles, such as boats, may experience filtered points, impacting tracking accuracy.
Keep your devices as they are:
- Benefits: The units will continue to display the current location of your boats.
- Potential Issues: Tracking may appear less smooth when moving slowly through the water.
Remove the filtering feature:
- Benefits: Slow-moving trips will be tracked more accurately.
- Potential Issues: Without filtering, small errors in location and speed may create the appearance of constant movement while stationary.
Install the unit's "Ignition Sense Wire":
- Benefits: Toggle the filtering feature based on the engine's status, filtering points only when the motor is off.
- Potential Issues: Requires an auto-electrician for installation, involves additional time, hassle, and cost. Installation Guide.
Making the Decision
We understand that choosing the right option is crucial for optimizing your GPS tracking experience. Take your time to review the options presented above, and feel free to reach out to our support team with any questions or concerns
GPS Tracking Jumping Around
Understanding GPS Tracking Anomalies or Fuzzy Data In the realm of GPS tracking, accuracy is paramount. However, certain conditions can lead to anomalies in tracking data. Our systems use various signals to determine the start and end of a journey. ...
Tracker Power Guide
GPS Tracker Power Consumption and Vehicle Battery Impact We're here to help you understand how our GPS trackers work with your vehicle's battery. Let's dive in. Understanding GPS Tracker Power Consumption Our GPS trackers are designed with your ...
Issues resetting password
Troubleshooting Track My Ride Password Reset Issues If you're having difficulties resetting your Track My Ride password, don't worry; we're here to help. Follow these troubleshooting steps to overcome common issues: 1. Check Your Junk Mail Folder: ...